America’s Top Wireless Colleges 2010
About five years ago one of the rankings that starting becoming popular was PC Magazine’s “America’s Top Wired Colleges“. The last time they updated their list was in 2008. Since wireless is probably more popular than wired today at universities and colleges I think they should rename list to “America’s Top Wireless Colleges 2010”.
I started with the America’s Top Wired Colleges 2008 list below and researched if they school also offered WiFi in 2010.
I also researched colleges from US News and World Report’s school rankings for 2010 (listed below).
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Columbia University, New York, NY
- Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- AirPennNet – University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
- Duke University, Durham, NC
- University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Brown University, Providence, RI
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Rice University, Houston, TX
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- University of Notre Dame Notre, Dame, IN
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- AirBears – University of California–Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- University of California–Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
University Campus Free WiFi
If you have good information about your school’s WiFi network let me know. I hope to have my results posted soon.
If you liked this post, subscribe using below
Filed under: WLAN Deployment