How to Activate Personal Hotspot On an iPhone 4 Using AT&T Service
Follow steps below to activate personal hotspot on an AT&T iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3 or higher.
- Upgrade to iOS 4.3 or higher.
- Navigate to Settings > General > Network > Set Up Hotspot
If you see message below on right side phone “To enable personal hotspot on this account, contact AT&T…” it means you don’t have a tethering data plan and will need to contact AT&T by dialing 611 from your phone or login into your online account and change data plans.
- Go to http://www.att.com/mywireless and login into your account.
- Select “Manage Features” from Quicklinks menu.
- Select a tethering plan.
- You will receive a text message and email confirming plan change.
- The AT&T data tethering plan is now activated and Personal Hotspot feature can be used. Navigate to again to Settings > General > Network > Set Up Hotspot.
Personal Hotspot WiFi Mode and Security
Using a WiFi Scanner for Mac OS X, I was able determine that Personal Hotspot uses infrastructure mode and WPA2-Personal for security.
If you liked this post, subscribe using below