March 14th, 2011
How to Change Personal Hotspot SSID on iPhone 4
Personal Hotspot uses the device name as the SSID. The SSID can be changed using iTunes by following instructions below.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Plug your iPhone into your computer. Once the iPhone syncs with iTunes, your iPhone will be listed on the far left side of iTunes.
- Click on the iPhone / device name listed in iTunes. After a second, the name will be editable.
- Enter a new name for the iPhone and then click outside of editable area to save change. iTunes will sync new name to your iPhone
- Navigate to Settings > General > About to confirm name has been change on iPhone.
- Now Personal Hotspot will use desired name for SSID
If you liked this post, subscribe using below