ZapPerf Testing with SpeedFlex
SpeedFlex is a wireless performance tool integrated within the ZoneFlex family of centralized controllers. The SpeedFlex app runs the Zapd code and needs to be running on the device you are testing against. The Zapd code is always running on all Ruckus ZoneDirectors and Ruckus Access Points and Bridges.
ZapPerf is an iOS app based on Zap. ZapPerf has been tested from an iPad-to-ZD, iPad-to-AP, and iPad-to-Mac connected to an AP.
Instructions for setting up and downloading Zapd from a Zone Director are below.
1. Go to http://ZDIPAddress/perf
2. Click ‘Start’
3. Answer the Speedflex Dialog box
4. Download SpeedFlex for your platform
5. Unpack the speedflex.zip
6. Run the speedflex app (for Windows will be exe file)
7. Confirm warning message
8. You’ll see a ‘Terminal’ session â€“ you’ll know it’s running by ‘Infinite Loop’ on the screen
9. Now return back to the ZDIPaddress/perf page
10. Run ‘Start’ again
11. It will run for awhile as the tests are being completed (you can watch the speedometer setting).
You’ll get results of Mbps and Packet Loss for both Downlink and Uplink.
ZapPerf and Zap
Once you have Zapd running on your computer you can test with ZapPerf by configuring the IP address of your device in ZapPerf. See blog post or ZapPerf user guide for details.
If you liked this post, subscribe using below
Filed under: WLAN Tools